Thursday, March 01, 2007

"On The Cross At Calvary"


"On The Cross At Calvary"

T'was long ago my Savior walked
Along the rocky road
With a cross, the sinner's cross
So heavy was His load.

Down the path and up the hill
To a place called Calvary
He was nailed upon the cross
For all the world to see.

Above His head was placed a sign
"The King of Jews" it read
A royal crown of thorns was made
And placed upon His head.

They heard Him speak to God above
"Oh Father, please forgive
Let me die in their place
Let them forever live."

There were hours of agony
and suffering on that hill
Could I be worthy of His deed?
Is this my Father's will?

"It is done," He spoke at last
These final words He said
They took Him down and laid Him in
The lonely tomb of the dead.

My Lord was gone, my Savior died
He said it had to be
And because He loves, He gave His life
On the cross at Calvary.

The women wept, they went to mourn
To where His body lay
But there they found a miracle
For the stone had been rolled away.

Rejoice my friends, again rejoice
And listen to what's been said.
Jesus Christ, the son of God,
Has risen from the dead.

He conquered death so all may live
Sing praises for His love
Then He rose again so He could join
His Father up above.

But before He left, He made a vow
That no matter how far we roam
He's at our side and someday soon
He'll come back to take us home.

~ StinaLisa ~
©copyright 1974


I have been wondering, what it really means... to a person about the Cross of Calvary. Then I went Answers.com to check it out...


This is the result that I got... a lyrics that was composed to express the Love of Jesus.





Cool...





I love it!

No comments: