Monday, July 23, 2007

Today, I am trusting God for...

Coming across this challenge when Im doing my devotion and I find it interesting to share it out to others... to give it a try!


Try to complete the sentence "Today, I am trusting God for...." in 10 different ways...




Done?




If you are able to list out 10 different ways, congratulations! You are able to trust full in God than putting trust in person or objects. What's the meaning by putting trust in an object? Tick the below calamities you have experienced in your lifetime:


_____ Sat in a chair that collapsed under your weight
_____ Had a flat tire on a busy streets
_____ Loaned something of value and had it lost of damanged
_____ Set the alarm clock for 6 am and it rang at 8am


These are the examples of misplaced confidence according to the devotional material. We tends to put trust in an object (such as a chair, tire or an alarm clock) and it might/would let us down. Or we relied on another person who failed us.


Read the passage Isaiah 28-30.
"Isaiah warned both Ephraim and Ariel not to put trust in the armies of Egypt, for they will fail you. But put the trust in the Lord of hosts, for He will never fail your nor forsake you."


Source:
Wilkinson, B. H., (1991), Your daily walk: 365 daily devotions to read through the bible in a year, Walk Tru the Bible Ministries, Zondervan publication USA





So, it is good to start our day with the reflection of whether we put our trust more in person and object than the Lord Almighty.



Check back the 10 sentences.. and say a prayer of your own. Ask God to help you in keeping your faith and go through today with a smile while you sleep.



Ecc 9:9
... Enjoy all the useless days of this useless life God has given you here on earth, because it is all you have. So enjoy the work you do here on earth...



As, life is full of challenges. Why don't we walk through it with great joy and head up by God's guidance instead of mourning and whining that will make our day even worst?



So, here comes my sentences completion.


Today, I am trusting God for...
  1. having full energy in my class and ability to absorb whatever lecturer is going to teach
  2. getting information needed for my PR assignment as I am going to interview people
  3. ability to manage my time well and have a fruitful day
  4. surviving with the last RM9 i have in my wallet for the month
  5. having joy in no matter what i am going to do
  6. getting the car air con fixed
  7. ability to find car parking when I reach college
  8. getting a result that will glorify His name in the coming one month exam preparation
  9. the great future I am going to have and He has prepared a job that best fit me
  10. sleeping with a smile of the great day I have and knowing He is in control of everything and tml will be another good day to live on


Let's learn together to walk through problems with peace and joy, knowing that the Lord God Almighty is the one controlling the whole situation and, able to see His greatness in using challenges to strengthen us in our daily lives...



I pray that you will have a great smile, too while you sleep tonight!



Amen!

No comments: