Saturday, September 08, 2007

Job Offer

All right, after many days of not updating my blog.. finally I have got something to write here.



Yeah I have got a job offer... as a Marketing Executive. I will be the only Marketer in the company handling the whole marketing activities... that's why they posted the Vacancy as hiring Marketing Manager in the company. Actually I did not carry much hope while clicking the Apply Now button after seeing their requirement as Fresh Graduates are encouraged to apply statement. So they called me for interview last Tuesday 4th Sept at 3pm, Damansara Perdana @ Fitness Innovations.

I was not that interested in entering Fitness industry but was thinking of giving a try (I wanted to join fashion industry). I found out that company is not as fitness centre like Fitness First, True Fitness or Celebrity Fitness. However, providing Professional USA certificate courses in training fitness trainers. The company was established in Thailand since three years ago and it is doing really well on that site, that's why the Directors franchised and brought it into Malaysia market. Although it's only four months old in Malaysia, I can see the potential and growth through the insight understanding I get from the first interview. Basically, I will have to manage the whole company's marketing activities as the founders and owners are not marketing based. They gave me their brochures and asked me to comment on it. So, I told them what I have seen and what I have learned through my four years of studies in my course. They were impressed...


To cut the long story short because I have been explaining to so many ppls and im feeling so lazy to repeat it again. They called me on Thursday (6th Sept) for the second interview, however due to the time schedule I could not make it... therefore, I went in again yesterday (7th Sept).



I was given a piece of paper, asking me to write down "what benefits ppl could get by exercise in terms of Lifestyle, Relationship and Work". I wrote down the point forms and explained that these three things are inter-related. Because, exercise could help the blood circulation where it would bring good health to an individual. Definitely a healthy person would have a positive mindset and lifestyle that would bring a very good relationship among the people they are dealing with. Also, good health enable individuals to perform their task to the best in their work...


Julian (the Managing Director) told me they have already prepared my seat waiting for me to join them. Due to the fact that they want to give me the best offer they could (a special custom-made remuneration package for me), I will have to go on Monday 3pm to collect the black and white (offer letter) and they will discuss the package with me (ie. salary, allowances, and etc). When they asked how much I expected from the job, I told them honestly I am a fresh graduates with no experienced at all (other than doing assignment and the theories). So, the best would be them value my quality instead of me myself fixing a figure on my own. Julian was happy because he find that's really fair. To me, money is not everything I should judge whether I should take up the job or not. Achievement and Satisfaction in the job would mean even more to me. Certainly I would need the salary to sustain my living, however, being just a sleeping worker and not contributing is just not my style of living.


Julian told me, they will offer me a fixed salary plus commission package ( I was shocked because im not working as a sales position) that is definitely higher than my expectation to keep me in the company. So, if I accept the offer on Monday I shall start working from the next day onwards ^^. Cool!


Through the interview sessions, I see their sincerity and how they appreciate one's idea in all things. That's one of the reason that encourages me to join them.

God was there providing me ideas of how to answer the questions that they have asked me in the interview session. Wisdom was very much granted that's why my performance was impressive to them.

They do not have the hierarchy level where employers and employees sit in the same room, this would definitely encourage the communications and cooperation between workers. Furthermore, I see myself would be able to learn and gained so much from the job by handling everything from head-to-toe. It will be difficult and heavy for me, because I am a fresh graduates. But, I do not doubt my ability because I know as God has given me the job He will definitely prepare me for it. God will never give what we can't take... He will always prepare ahead for us according to His plan.


I do not want to go with expectation of how much my salary would be, what kinda position title they would give me (executive or manager) and how many days of holidays I would get. These are not that important. Learning and contributing to the company is more essential than any other things. For sure, I see a fun working environment will definitely keeps me going. So, whatever they are offering... I would most probably accept, unless God says NO to me. So far, I see all positive signs God is showing me for this job... I trust Him that this would be the job for me. Julian assure me of appraisal and evaluation in my three months probation. They will reward me when I perform well. ^^



Well, even though this is not what I exactly wants. But, I can see that I will be able to.. grow. Last but not least, if everything goes fine... next Tuesday will be the first day of my corporate life. Do keep me in prayer yeah... because I want to honour God in all I do.



God is really soooo good!!!!


*smile*

No comments: