Tuesday, August 28, 2007

2 Interviews in 1 day

All Right, before I forget about the details.. I shld just write down what I've been through today.


10am: I reached Padini in Glenmarie after some loss of direction turning. Filled in the job application form and wait for Mandy to interview me. Quite a comfortable lobby with two lovely and helpful ladies to assist my visit. Mandy lead me to the guest room (3rd floor if I've not mistaken). She's very fun to talk to. The whole interview session was casual and we've chatted quite some time for about an hour chat. She briefed me about the job where I will have to go through six months in-the-field training in different outlets to learn about the product, display, customer service, etc (every single details a promoter would need to do). Reason being, marketing trainee has to know every details before I could handle it independently. After six months of training, I would work in the office where I've visited today, the comfortable office. For the first six months, I will have to work over time, shift and etc exactly like what a promoter would have to do. However, eventually if I passed the requirement and stuff I will not stationed in the outlets. Again, regularly store visit is essential to know the sales and condition of the outlets.

According to Mandy, she likes my personality, character and etc. But, due to the commitment I have to attending church on every Sunday she would have to talk to the manager if he would work something out. Because if I am exempted for the morning shift in Sunday, others might say otherwise. Thus, she will give me a reply.. hopefully by this week.

11.30pm: Left Padini and head towards Lot 10 for Esprit's interview.

12.30pm: Reached Times Square finally after all the jam. Walk over to Lot 10 Esprit outlet, there were many candidates like me fililng up the job application form. After submitting mine, the estimated time was 4.30pm for my turn. as I have not taken my lunch I went up to Delifrance thinking of giving myself a good treat since my legs were aching (I was wearing my new pair of heels.. both my legs are full of blister now). Got my food ordered- Chicken Delight set with Coffee. Just as I was about to start my meal, a foreigner came over due to the curiosity of what-Malaysian-would-eat. I introduced him my set and started chatting with him. He asked if he could join me since he is alone too. For the very first time I agreed on having meal with a stranger (w/o hesitation some more). Not that he is good looking and all, but since I got plenty of time I do not mind having someone to talk to (I was thinking maybe I could share Christ with him).

He told me he is a Tour Lead of a Turkey tourist team and stuff, quite a nice guy to talk to. In fact, he could be my uncle for his age (mayb that's the reason why im not scare of him). He asked me about my study, work, and a lots of questions about Malaysian. Whether am I feeling good being a Chinese in Malaysia, do we have freedom in talking, living and etc. So I share whatever I know with him- all about Malaysian. Slowly, our topic changed. He asked if I am a Christian after seeing the cross that im wearing. I was so happy because that's the most meaningful topic we could talk about. So I started sharing how God has blessed my family, myself and others to him. He was really amazed by all the stories that I've told him because, he has never been to a church before, according to him. He said his ex-wife was a Christian but he knows more Christianity than her because he has been traveling all around the world. So I told him I would love to invite him to my church if his next tour to Malaysia allows it (his team is leaving M'sia tml back to Turkey). He was so excited about it. Just as how excited I am being a Christian. About 2pm, he has to leave because he has to bring the team over to Butterfly Park. I gave him my email so that we could keep in touch and I could share more about Jesus to him. Before he left, I reminded him about his bill (sorry la because I could only pay for my own bill... I have not realyl earned my own cents yet k?). I told him I would love to give him a treat if I am already working and apologise to him about the rudeness of my action. He thank me for reminding him and together, he paid mine. What a blessing! The most amazing thing, before he left he said to me "Eva, God bless you". Amazing isn't it? Seeing non Christian being touched and mentioning God's name? That's about the whole meal! It's so meaningful to me! It's not about the bill that he has blessed me, but it's about the chance that God has given me to share of His goodness for the short time spend. Tar (is his name) told me, he is very happy to learn about Malaysian and Christianity over the conversation. Wow... amazing experience I have.


After he left, I left Delifrance in a short while. Not knowing where should I go and the every painful steps was killing me, I decided to go over to Sungai Wang Watson to get plastic to cure the pain as I cant' spend two hours walking in Lot 10 (that's not the place where i can spend on anything ok?)

3.30pm: I left Sungai Wang to head back Lot 10 after the 1 hour aimless walk. As I can only walk slowly like a model (lol... i so seldom walk so slow in my life) I reach Lot10 almost 4pm. a half an hour walk, can you imagine? However, it's still earlier than the appointment time. So again Eva lepak in the same area for dono how long... so boring wei to kill the time. Eventually I've decided to walk in Esprit and as the supervisor-look-alike guy when will my turn be. When he started asking me question, we started to chat... as if we have known each other for some time. Again, the idea of sharing came to me. God gave me another chance... to again share my testimonial with him, Kelvin, if i've not misspelled his name (after that I got to find out he is actually the manager in the outlet.... -_-" good that I did not say anything wrong).

Lol.. one thing I realise through my chatting with new people today, both have mentioned about me getting married and stuff. Kevin Onn was the first one keep mentioning about me getting a boyfriend, getting married and stuff and these two few fellas too, saying the kinda same issue. What's wrong with being single at my age?

Yes, I have finally graduated and it seems like Im 'officially' legal to get into another new relationship after the one year of being single. But, Hey! I am still enjoying being single. Getting into another new relationship is some sorts of phobia to me (don't ask me why.. and do not try to imagine the reasons on your own). Well, first of all, I am not that ready yet. Second, God has not sent the right person to me. Third, it seems that I still have so much to do (for God for myself for my family and etc) and time is so limited. Overall, getting into a relationship is not like simply walk in a restaurant and simply ordering a meal to munch. It means much more than that. It's about God giving me the right one who is strong and faithful to God, able to lead the relationship no matter what, God fearing guy, Do-er.. not Say-er kinda stuff. And, I want a Godly relationship (don't argue with me with ur statements and all.. this is Eva Sam's stand) because relationship is all about marriage. A marriage that is God honouring, holy and joyful... bla bla bla...


So, until He sent the right one... I am still happy with my own life. In fact, I've experienced better life after being single because I have come to learn to rely more on God instead of human.


all right all right... the main thing I wanna talk about actually was how real God has been with me today and the joy of me getting the chance of sharing His name.. but not so much of my mate requirement and stuff... so... if you feel offended you could always click the X mark on your right top windows *chuckles*


... what else should I write? I am lazy.. so here I rest my case.



Oohh... I forgot to write down what I 've experienced in the second interview. At4.45pm, finally I got to meet with Rachael (the HR manager). She was quite cool, did not ask me many questions. Only asked me to explain more about my part time dance show thingy and then she started to tell me about the job scope. I can either choose to go for Management Trainee or Sales Consultant. Management Trainee I need to undergo 12-16 months training, if I passed through all the test and stuff they will grant me 3 months probation then only could proceed to permanent staff. In contrast, Sales Consultant I will only have to go for three months product and company training then I will be only own as compared to Management Training where I have to learn every details of it. Then, she offered me to either decide on the spot or take some time to consider whether to take up the challenge or not (which means... she actually offered me the job on the spot).

I did not get her full meaning right away, that's why i asked her why didn't she ask me more about myself. She replied "I am very experience in the field because I am in charge of the whole Malaysia's recruitment. So I know who I should hire and who's qualified... and.. I know who you are!"


I was like..."huh?" (are you sure???) She said, "YES, I know who you are!.. You are bubbly, love talking to people... confidence.... (others i can't remember)... ". "So, do you wanna answer me right away, or you wanna think about it". I told her honestly I would love to work in the office in terms of marketing planning kinda career instead of just staying in an outlets for the rest of my life. Esprit is a good brand where I would love to work for it, however, sales is not quite my type and my line.. and I would love to plan Marketing Strategies (4P's- Product, Price, Place and Promotion) for a brand. Locking me in just an outlet would eventually kill me (of course I didn't tell this sentence to kill myself off in front of Rachael la). I told her I will have to think about it, because it incurs so much of commitment and all.


About 5 plus, I left San Francisco Coffee house (the interview was held there) and went back in to Esprit to thank Kelvin personally, whom has spend his time talking to me, asking me questions and telling me more about the job (and also allows me to share a little bit of Christianity with him). A fun guy to talk to. He too share with me his career path and how much he has went through in retail line like he was working in Nike before... have been working in Japan, Singapore and etc. So, I thank him for his kindness for talking to me. He offered me a discount rate next time if I go back to the shop for shopping... if he is there he would give me a good rate upon my purchase (so kind of him, right? Told ya he is nice). So, I thank him again for sure because I have never purchased any Esprit merchandise before due to my limited fund even though I would love to.

5.30pm... on my way back from KL... to home.


What a tiring day! I still can feel the pain on both my feet.. everywhere...


Sleepy... I wanna rest di... how would my life be once I really start working? If Padini hire me, the training period would be crazy too... I will need lots of prayer to go through it before my energy and stamina dries up.


ok, I will continue writing next time. Ciao

No comments: