Friday, December 21, 2007

In reply to our Princess Estella

This is what our Princess Estella had written on her blog... since MySpace does not allowed non-members to leave any comment.. I am going to reply her through here... This is what she has written...


In reply to my dancers’ blogs...
Current mood: surprised

Today I managed to read some of my dancers' blog regarding the show we did last Sunday 16th Dec. I was pleasantly surprised at what they had to say. I would have thot that after a gruelling 2 full weeks of rehearsals and 2 sessions of 7-hour venue rehearsals at a stuffy, 'unair-coned' stadium would put them off these kinds of show for life! But I was wrong, pleasantly wrong...for what I understood from their posts...they were hooked!! Eva even asked me for more shows like this one!!! Goodness Gracious...

I suspect that there is a greater power at play this time that has somehow made all the hardwork, sweat, sufferring and pain go away. This greater power lies in the name of friendship and passion. I saw a great many true friendships forged amongst my dancers in this two weeks that they have been rehearsing together. Also I think they have discovered the passion and joy of performing what I would call a 'mini-musical'...for this time they were not there just to dance and produce steps after steps after steps...this time the steps were easy...anyone could have done it... but I think they enjoyed the acting part and to be part of the storytelling of the show. May not be much compared to full fledge musicals, but it is something different for them.

I was truly touched after I read their posts. For it's been a long long time since I've know enthusiasm and passion from dancers in general. This group is considered very very infant in their career as a pro dancer...some of them might not even last...but I take it personally, that at least this time there is a spark of passion, there is dedication and there is enthusiasm. I am truly proud of them and I hope that time in the industry will not dampen this spark, for it has done so in many of our dancers.



Yes Dear Princess, there was some supernatural power happening around us. The Friendship, and the Love we have for one another. We did not really have any sweat on our rehearsals, only the last two days' venue in Bukit Jalil. Furthermore, it was not torturing or suffering or anything.. because I felt so relax during the rehearsal. Other than the steps are easy... I shall say this out...'it's also because you enjoy the fun together with us unlike some of the previous ones...' Remember the day after I show them the freeze and all the sudden we all got down on the floor together to do crazy yoga post... stretching and etc? That pull you one BIG step closer to us. ^^ Also, I love the first rehearsal where you got all of us sit down together in telling the story line.


You mentioned the word different... Yes.. this time the rehearsal, story line, acting, and show is really different for us. We had not sat down together to listen of the whole story before... we had not done any stun before during rehearsal... we had not have any acting musical before... we had not feel so relax before for any show...

The main reason where we enjoy so much of the rehearsal is also because of... People. We have fun so much together.. because we treat one another as true friend. No politic, no jealousy, no nothing.. but just the same passion... performing.. and having fun at the same time.


I am surprised to see you blog about what we've written too... I thought you know how much we love and miss the time we had. ^^


It is really FUN... and I miss that badly... you might not noticed.. but I do notice that you have changed so much... I love your changed especially the fact that you take me as a friend instead of another one of your dancer.



Hope to see you soon.. our Princess Estella.. we will fight the 'Snake' and save you the next time eheh...



Hugggz...

No comments: